Chemical treatment cabinets
- Integrated chemical treatment station for elliptical cavities (h ≤ 150 cm).
- Buffered chemical polishing (BCP) station for 1/4 and 1/2 wave cavities
- PNF bath: H3PO485% – HNO365% et HF40% in the proportions 2.4 – 1– 1,
- Acid tank with a capacity of 200 l,
- Acid circulation from bottom upwards with a maximum flow rate of 30 l/min,
- Gravity draining,
- PVDF piping,
- Station under ventilated fume hood.
Vertical electropolishing cabinet
Chemical and electrochemical treatment of elliptical cavities (maximum cavity height: 1.8 m and maximum mass: 200 kg).
This station allows one to perform chemical or electrochemical polishing of the internal surface of niobium cavities.
- Power supply: 20 V, 1200 A,
- Acid flow rate: 40 l / min,
- 300 l acid tank,
- Pipe and pumps made of PFA material, teflon coating of the acid tank,
- Cavities are handled by a crane with specific tooling for each cavity. The station is also equipped with a table for horizontally inserting the cathodes.
- Use of rotating cathode for uniform material removal (CEA-KEK-Marui collaboration)
Diagnostics, Vacuum and Assembly (DIVA)
The laboratory is a clean air-conditioned zone where several working areas are available for mechanical assembly, vacuum leak tests, pumping speed measurement or hydraulic tests for various parts of accelerators, ion sources or beam diagnostics.
- Outgassing test stand,
- Oven operating under vacuum, Tmax = 1200 °C,
- Vacuum chambers,
- Three marble workbenches,
- Numerical recording (30 channels),
- Residual gas analyzer (100 amu).
CEA - Saclay (France)
For further information please email: AMICI@cea.fr.