The test facility for accelerator and detector R&D is a 110-m storage ring, which provides electrons from 0.5 to 2.5 GeV and synchrotron radiation from coherent synchrotron radiation in the terahertz range to the hard X-ray region.
- Large electron energy range (0.5–2.5 GeV),
- Adjustable electron bunch lengths (50 ps down to a few ps),
- No. of bunches 1, 2, 3, …, 184 and corresponding repetition rate: (2.7, 5.4, 8.1, …, 500) MHz,
- Synchronized, fast, transversal and longitudinal beam diagnostics,
- Flexible magnet lattice, low-alpha optic and superconducting insertion devices.
FLUTE provides an infrastructure for ps and fs electron and photon beam studies to enable innovative technology solutions such as advanced beam diagnostics, synchronization and stabilization schemes, and to create intense terahertz (THz) radiation.
- Photo-injector with fs/ps near-IR and UV laser system in cleanroom,
- Electron energies of 7 MeV and 40 to 50 MeV,
- Wide bunch length range from 300 fs down to 1 fs,
- Wide charge range from 1 pC up to 3 nC per bunch,
- Spectral band coverage up to 30 THz,
- THz E-field strength up to 1 GV/m.
For further information please email: email@example.com.