Surface characterization laboratory (LabCaS)
Preparation and surface characterization of samples at room temperature (metallography).
MACHAFILM - Thin film deposition laboratory
This platform benefits from a transnational access provided by the EURO-LABS - EUROpean Laboratories for Accelerator Based Science project.
- Two ALD depository benches.
- research: small samples, new chemistries
- development: macroscopic objects
- Future HIPIMS (High Impulse Magnetron Sputtering) deposition bench
- Thematic: corrosion, superconductors (cavity, QuBits), multipacing reduction (couplers, cavities...), filtration
- Materials : nitrides, oxides, metals
- chamber/reactor ΦxL: 50x70 cm,
- temperature: 30-500°C,
- 7 precursor lines (3 solids, 2 liquids, 2 gases),
- Chamber adaptation possible (cavities, QPR).
- high vacuum oven ΦxL: 50x70 cm,
- temperature: 30-650 °C
- 8 precursor lines (4 solids, 2 liquids, 2 gases),
- in-situ: RGA.
- Other: glove box under N2, fume cupboard, 4-point measurement, optical microscope, 3-zone tube furnace under gas (Ar, N2, O2, N2-H2).
CEA - Saclay (France)
For further information please email: AMICI@cea.fr.